MWC G10 100m PVD Stealth Military Watch with Sapphire Crystal, Screw Caseback and Crown
SKU Code: G10/PVD/100M/ND
The 100m G10 models are among the highest specification G10 military watches in production anywhere in the world with a water resistance rating of 100m/330ft, screw down crown and caseback and an incredible 10 year battery life. Although this G10/98 Specification watch traces it's origins right back to our earliest G10 designs from the 1980's when this 100m model was introduced for contracts some years back it represented the most radical upgrade and specification enhancement since we updated our standard 50m G10 models in 2004.
Whilst the screw down crown and screw caseback greatly improve the water resistance the upgrade to the Ronda 715li movement with 10 year battery life significantly reduced the maintenance requirements of the watch, the recent upgrade to a shatter and scratch resistant non reflective crystal is a further significant improvement.. The special covert matt black non reflective PVD finish of this model is often specified in military contracts for many special forces units. In the PVD process the steel is not black all the way through because the color is created by a special chemical PVD plating process which is vastly superior to painted finishes used on some lower quality watches which can quickly fade or rub off. This PVD process means that the color of the steel is altered at a molecular level, therefore it will not deteriorate even during heavy usage although it can be compromised if the case is badly damaged by a piece of metal being gouged out or if it's worn down by really heavy abrasion against rocks or something similar.
Interestingly we have seen some of our PVD divers watches coming in for service which we made over 20 years ago and often the watch is in very poor condition with significant damage and signs of wear but the PVD case is normally still in excellent condition so it is clearly very durable. You also need to factor in that the PVD process has improved over the years so there is very little chance of ever breaking through to the steel underneath.
If you are looking for a solid black stainless steel military watch that is both discreet and has a much higher than usual water resistance rating then this top of the range model is ideal.
The G10 100m Stealth is very rugged and is designed to survive the most extreme of conditions. It is supplied with a current issue black NATO webbing strap although we can supply most other colours as additional straps in the Nato strap section such as grey, Grey/Black know as James Bond pattern, Navy or Olive. The back of the case bears various contract markings in addition to the watches serial number.
- Case Diameter: 40mm Excluding the crown
- Case Diameter: 42mm Including the crown
- Lug to Lug: 46mm
- Thickness: 13mm
- Weight: 66g
- Dial Color: Black
- Luminosity: Super Luminova (please note the night-time picture of this watch shows a variant of the same model)
- Case Material: 316L Black PVD Stainless Steel
- Caseback: Screw down, 316L Stainless Steel
- Crown: Screw Down 316L Black PVD Stainless Steel
- Water Resistance: 100m / 330ft
- Battery: CR2016 Lithium - Estimated life 10 years
- Crystal: Sapphire *
- Movement: Ronda 715li
- Strap: NATO issue strap 20mm
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher end watches.