G10SL MKVI 300m Water Resistant Military Watch with GTLS Tritium Light Sources and Sapphire Crystal
SKU Code: G10SL/SSUS/300
This is the latest self luminous G10 model with sapphire crystal, heavy duty stainless steel case, 300m (1000ft) Water Resistance, screw down crown, screw caseback and 10 year battery life! The MWC G10 SL MKVI is currently by far the highest specification G10 military watch available.
This model combines the best of new and traditional technology. It keeps all the popular features from the conventional G10 Luminova models and employs the same solid steel case whilst having the benefit of the cutting edge self luminous GTLS tritium vials. The actual specification of this watch was dictated by American Military Specification Number: US MIL-W-46374F.
The self luminous system makes the watch very easy to read at night and the MKVI has a very distinctive face layout. The hour and minute hands each have a brightly glowing vial of Tritium gas. Whilst the vials contain radioactive gas even when thay are all taken together they contain less than the personal limit of 25 millicuries. (see U.S Nuclear Regulatory Commission regulations 10 CFR 30.15).
Military watches of this type are the easiest in the world to read in low light or total darkness thanks to the self-activated light sources which are 100 times brighter than traditional light sources such as paint. The light-emitting tubes require no battery power or any other form of charging, and never need servicing or maintenance. The life expectancy of the light sources is at least 10 years after which they would start to fade. To compare Tritium GTLS tubes and Super-LumiNova click here
The standard MWC G10 is one of the most tried and tested models and in its earlier variants has been in service for over 30 years, this model shares a similar casing to the Luminova models hence it will be just as durable as the non tritium Luminova versions which we manufacture.
The G10 SL MKVI is supplied with two heavyweight NATO webbing straps, one grey and one black. The reverse of the case carries various contract markings.
- Case Diameter: 40mm Excluding the crown
- Case Diameter: 42mm Including the crown
- Lug to Lug: 46mm
- Thickness: 13mm
- Weight 60g
- Dial Colour: Black
- Case Material: 316L Stainless Steel
- Caseback: Screw down, 316L Stainless Steel
- Crown: Screw Down 316L Stainless Steel
- Water Resistance: 30atm (300m/1000ft)
- Battery: CR2016 Lithium - Estimated life is 10 years
- Illumination: Tritium GTLS Gas Tubes
- Glass: Sapphire Crystal with Anti Reflective Coating*
- Movement: Ronda 715li with date window
- Strap: 2 x NATO issue straps 20mm
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher end watches.