MWC 24 Jewel 300m Automatic Military Divers Watch with Tritium GTLS, Sapphire Crystal and Ceramic Bezel
SKU Code: SUB/SS/24TA
This brand new recently uprated military divers watch with Tritium GTLS tubes, scratch and impact resistant sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel is one of our latest automatic 24 jewel mechanical military divers watches. This model represents excellent value for an automatic self luminous divers watch with such a high specification.
The Gaseous Tritium Light Sources (GTLS) on these watches make them the easiest watches in the world to see in low light or night conditions. The Tritium vials on the H3 dial illuminate up to 100 times brighter than any other watch dial, so you can easily identify the time at a second's glance. To compare Tritium GTLS tubes and Super-LumiNova click here
The watch measures 45mm including the crown and 40mm excluding the crown although it uses the the same 20mm webbing straps as other MWC military divers watches and many other leading brands giving a vast range of US pattern nylon webbing straps as well as European NATO straps.
Dimensions and Specification:
- 300m / 1000ft Water Resistant
- Movement: NH35A
- GTLS Tritium Light Sources
- Ceramic Bezel
- Screwdown crown
- Width Inc Crown 45mm (Exc Crown 40mm)
- Thickness 15mm
- Crystal Diameter 31mm
- Crystal Type: Non Reflective and Impact Resistant Sapphire*
- Lug to Lug 49mm
- Weight 89.5g
- 20mm Nylon Webbing Strap
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher end watches.