MWC 1940s Pattern Classic 46mm Limited Edition XL Military Pilots Watch - 2018 to 2021 Model Reduced to Clear
£199.95 GBP £299.95 GBP
These watches are the predecessor to the current model, they are identical in visual appearance the only difference is that these watches have a K1 crystal and the current models have a sapphire crystal, other than that they are exactly the same but are substantially reduced because a handful of this older model were found during a stock check.
SKU Code: CLIX/SS/ST/ND/OM
This MWC Ltd Edition Classic aviator watch is one of our classic Pilot watch models.
The MWC Classic Aviator range watches are all based on military designs from the 1940s and 50s. Some of the models have a traditional second hand within a subsidiary dial above 6 o'clock as opposed to a sweep secondhand because this was a common feature in the 1940s, the other models including this one have a sweep secondhand which started to replace the subsidiary dials on many watches from around 1943 onward. These varying designs mean you have the option to choose a model that suits your personal style preferences.
The extra-large case diameter of 46mm (excluding the crown) makes this a very imposing timepiece that has considerable presence and tends to attract a lot of favourable comments, especially from other watch enthusiasts. The large dial size together with Luminova paint makes this watch extremely easy to read day or night just as with the World War II originals.
This model has a traditional automatic 24 jewel NH35A mechanical movement which is visible through the clear caseback the movement has a 41-hour power reserve when fully wound.
- Movement: Self Winding NH35A 21,600 BPH automatic 24 Jewel
- Diameter: 46 mm excluding the crown
- Thickness: 15 mm
- Dial: Black dial with white numbers and sweep second hand
- Case Material: 316L stainless steel
- Screw Down Crown
- Water Resistance: 100m / 330ft
- Strap: 24mm High-Quality Stitched Leather
- Spring Bars
- Crystal: Sandwich K1 crystal *
- Caseback: Clear Caseback providing a comprehensive view of the mechanical movement
* K1 is a combination of mineral and sapphire glass where mineral glass is covered with a layer of synthetic sapphire crystal, the material is designed to provide the scratch resistance of sapphire crystal at a lower cost and we have used it from time to time on various models, it’s ideal for watches with large case sizes which use large crystals due to its shatter resistance characteristics. In essence K1 crystal is an improved version of mineral glass.
We chose K1 in 2018 because it because it provided a good compromise between price and performance, also other manufacturers such as Seiko use this type of crystal with some of their dive models which employ their own-branded Hardlex crystals hence it’s very tried and tested but in the end we decided in 2022 to move all of of our large aviator range to 100% sapphire crystals.